Some meetings can seem quite daunting and you may feel that you would like to be accompanied by a professional who is on your side and has the interests of your child or loved one at heart. You might feel like you are normally a confident, well-spoken person but at meetings about your child your emotions get the better of you. Or you may simply feel that you would like a positive and supportive professional sitting next to you whilst you talk.
I can come with you to meetings, either just as a supportive presence, or to speak on your behalf and present information if you wish.
The types of meeting that I have accompanied parents to / represented them at include:
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) meetings
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings
- Exclusion meetings
- Exclusion appeals
- New school visits
- Child in Need meetings
- Social services assessments
- NHS assessments
- Professionals meetings
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF) meetings
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments
JENNY MAHER COPYRIGHT 2017